In West Clermont, Superintendent Natasha Adams makes the decision about emergency weather school opening delays or full school day closings. Current weather conditions, weather forecasts, road conditions, wind chill, and actual temperatures are essential information for determining a school weather emergency. The information comes from a number of sources:
- Local weather experts
- West Clermont Transportation Manager and the Director of Operations
- Local and county government officials
- Law enforcement and safety officials
- Surrounding school superintendents
Superintendent Adams' goal is to decide upon a weather emergency by 5:00 AM. If appropriate, she sets the communication plan into motion immediately. School delay and closing information is broadcasted as soon as possible via:
- All Cincinnati commercial television and radio stations
- Automated phone system*
- West Clermont website (www.westcler.org)
- West Clermont Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/westclermont)
- West Clermont Twitter Profile (www.twitter.com/westcler)
The most used options for weather emergencies are opening or delays for one or two hours and full-day school closings.
On a rare occasion, weather conditions may become hazardous during the school day. Early dismissals may be appropriate. In that case, instructions will come from the district office and messages will be broadcast via the communication outlets listed above. Parents must be sure that their child knows where to go and what to do if this should occur. Please create a plan with your child for emergency weather-related early releases.
*Our automated phone system notifies the student contacts on file that parents/guardians submitted during their annual re-registration each summer. To change those contact numbers, please contact your child's school office. For a list of all of our schools and their contact information, visit the "Schools" section under the "Our Team" menu on our website.