PORTRAIT OF A GRADUATE
The West Clermont Portrait of a Graduate—our North Star—guides all that we do each day. We help prepare students with the knowledge, skills, and habits to lead fulfilled lives long after they graduate.
As a result, our graduates are prepared to:
- Create lives they desire.
- Turn ideas into action.
- Be courageous in the face of challenge.
- Pursue personal happiness and joy.
- Do what is right even when no one is watching.
In addition, our graduates possess and have developed attributes in areas such as:
- Academic & Life Skills - A West Clermont Student Can:
- Successfully master rigorous learning standards & digital competencies
- Use time wisely to set goals, prioritize and complete tasks, and manage projects
- Collect, assess, analyze, think critically, and respond to relevant information
- Reason through and weigh evidence to reach logical conclusions
- Communication & Collaboration - A West Clermont Student Can:
- Carefully consider and respect others’ ideas & contributions through active listening
- Collaborate with others & work in teams to resolve challenges and achieve goals
- Articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual, non-verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Character & Integrity - A West Clermont Student Can:
- Demonstrate empathy, compassion and respect for others
- Act responsibly, reliably & honestly through words and actions
- Seek and respond productively to feedback, praise and setbacks
- Lead themselves and others
- Innovative & Creative Thinking - A West Clermont Student Can:
- Be curious and ask thoughtful questions
- Take risks, embrace change and explore new ideas
- Identify, define and work with authentic problems
- Elaborate, refine and analyze ideas
- Resiliency & Adaptability - A West Clermont Student Can:
- Be flexible when new & challenging situations arise
- Persist to accomplish difficult tasks
- Demonstrate confidence and humility in thoughts and actions
- Embrace failure as a learning opportunity and keep moving forward
In West Clermont, we believe in:
- PATHWAYS - The focus of learning as well as resources and support provided are tailored to each student’s strengths, skills, needs and interests to enable all students to reach high expectations
- PERFORMANCE - Experiences that prioritize deep learning and help students make connections across contexts
Our Portrait of a Graduate aligns with our district's Strategic Themes:
- Equip & Engage Every Learner - Create a culture that elevates student health and well-being, with a focus on social-emotional learning and safe, supportive collaborative cultures to optimize individual student outcomes
- Grow Academic Achievement and Educational Opportunity - Develop one collaborative team that focuses on core academic skills that include literacy, numeracy and technology
- Embrace Innovative Learning - Implement innovative teaching and learning strategies that make learning more personal for students utilizing diverse experiences, integrated curriculum, technology and a PK-12 journey to the Portrait of a Graduate
- Optimize Partnerships and Align Resources - Ensure all vital resources, partnerships, support and capabilities are in place to serve the long-term success of the entire district
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.