BOARD OF EDUCATION
FRONT ROW: Ryan Patton and Tammy Brinkman
BACK ROW: Michael Chumley, Jim Rudy, and David Schaeff
The Board of Education is legally responsible for:
- Developing policies and regulations necessary for the governance of the school district, its employees, students, and all persons entering school grounds or premises
- Ensuring students are provided with high-quality educational opportunities
- Appointing a superintendent of schools and investing such powers in him/her as may be legally delegated
- Appointing a treasurer
- Acting on personnel and policies recommended by the superintendent
- Seeing that the annual budget is prepared and acted on
- Passing an annual appropriations measure
- Adopting a master calendar annually
- Entering into contracts with all personnel in the manner required by Ohio laws
- Levying taxes with a vote of the people to maintain schools
We encourage all of those living and/or working in our school district to take an interest in the work of the Board of Education. We invite you to join us at our meetings or to call or email us with any ideas, questions or concerns.
- West Clermont is recognized nationally as an exemplary, innovative, cost-effective model school district.
- It is a destination district for students seeking success and educators seeking innovation.
- Student Achievement for all students is growing, award winning and nationally competitive.
- Community & Parent Engagement is strong and results in mutual pride and support.
- Students are provided the very best educational experiences.
- Talent is attracted and retained in a collaborative and unifying environment.
Michael is in his fourth year as a West Clermont board member. He works for a local healthcare system where he has learned the importance of timely and accurate communication, a skill that transfers well to his role with the district. The students, including his own, are what motivate him to serve. He is committed to helping children overcome the academic and social-emotional trials of the last two years. His favorite part about being on the board is witnessing how the entire West Clermont team cares for one another and the students, which is evidenced by the many recognitions and awards staff receive each year.
Board Vice President
Tammy has served as a West Clermont board member since 2011. As a seasoned professional, she strives to understand all facets of the school system and the impact changes will have on all stakeholders before sharing her opinion or suggesting change. She is motivated by knowing she and the rest of the board are making a difference in the lives of students while also meeting the needs and desires of the community. Her most memorable experience as a board member is seeing the entire high school student body sharing the gymnasium during their first homecoming pep rally. She said the district is fortunate to have the new high school and all the opportunities housed within.
Ryan was elected to the West Clermont board in 2021. He is a Deputy Sheriff with Clermont County and previously served as a School Resource Officer at West Clermont. This allowed him to proactively engage with students and staff. His goals as a board member include adopting policies that focus on the priorities of the district; developing initiatives that improve student achievement; and ensuring fiscal responsibility.
David was appointed on October 9, 2023 to fill the unexpired term for Michele Delaney until January 1, 2026. David is no stranger to the position of school board member, having previously served on the West Clermont Board of Education from 2017 to 2021. Schaeff joined the Board in April of 2017 when he was appointed to fill the unexpired term for former member Steve Waldman and then was elected for a full term in November 2017. During his time on the Board, the district opened several new facilities, including West Clermont High School, Summerside Elementary, and Willowville Elementary. David is proud to have the opportunity to rejoin the Board and serve the community where he lives as we honor the memory of Mrs. Delaney.
Jim has been a West Clermont board member for four years. As a former teacher and union leader in the district, he has an intimate knowledge of the school culture. Giving back to the community, particularly the students, is what motivates him. Since serving on the board, he is most proud of hiring excellent leaders who are fulfilling West Clermont’s mission to commit to excellence with every learner, every day, every way.
- Mission of the Board of Education
- Board Aspirational Goals
- Board of Education Members Bios
- Board of Education Meeting Dates (opens in new window)
- Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes (opens in new window)
- Board Policy (opens in new window)
- Citizens Advisory Commission
- Speaking at Board Meetings
- Public Records Requests
- Board Member Contact Information
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.