BOARD OF EDUCATION
FRONT ROW: Michele Delaney, Board Vice President and Tammy Brinkman, Board Member
BACK ROW: Jim Rudy, Board President, Michael Chumley, Board Member, and Ryan Patton, Board Member
The Board of Education is legally responsible for:
- Developing policies and regulations necessary for the governance of the school district, its employees, students, and all persons entering school grounds or premises
- Ensuring students are provided with high-quality educational opportunities
- Appointing a superintendent of schools and investing such powers in him/her as may be legally delegated
- Appointing a treasurer
- Acting on personnel and policies recommended by the superintendent
- Seeing that the annual budget is prepared and acted on
- Passing an annual appropriations measure
- Adopting a master calendar annually
- Entering into contracts with all personnel in the manner required by Ohio laws
- Levying taxes with a vote of the people to maintain schools
We encourage all of those living and/or working in our school district to take an interest in the work of the Board of Education. We invite you to join us at our meetings or to call or email us with any ideas, questions or concerns.
- West Clermont is recognized nationally as an exemplary, innovative, cost-effective model school district.
- It is a destination district for students seeking success and educators seeking innovation.
- Student Achievement for all students is growing, award winning and nationally competitive.
- Community & Parent Engagement is strong and results in mutual pride and support.
- Students are provided the very best educational experiences.
- Talent is attracted and retained in a collaborative and unifying environment.
Jim has been a West Clermont board member for four years. As a former teacher and union leader in the district, he has an intimate knowledge of the school culture. Giving back to the community, particularly the students, is what motivates him. Since serving on the board, he is most proud of hiring excellent leaders who are fulfilling West Clermont’s mission to commit to excellence with every learner, every day, every way.
Michele has been on the West Clermont board for two years. She applies critical thinking in every aspect of her job as a clinical pharmacist, a skill that parlays well to her work as a board member. She is a parent and has extensive leadership experience with the elementary and high school PTSO boards, Athletic Boosters and Superintendent Engagement Committee. Ensuring students have the tools necessary to follow their dreams and be successful is what motivates her to serve. Her most memorable experience as a board member is attending the fall 2021 graduation.
Tammy has served as a West Clermont board member since 2011. As a seasoned professional, she strives to understand all facets of the school system and the impact changes will have on all stakeholders before sharing her opinion or suggesting change. She is motivated by knowing she and the rest of the board are making a difference in the lives of students while also meeting the needs and desires of the community. Her most memorable experience as a board member is seeing the entire high school student body sharing the gymnasium during their first homecoming pep rally. She said the district is fortunate to have the new high school and all the opportunities housed within.
Michael is in his third year as a West Clermont board member. He works for a local healthcare system where he has learned the importance of timely and accurate communication, a skill that transfers well to his role with the district. The students, including his own, are what motivate him to serve. He is committed to helping children overcome the academic and social-emotional trials of the last two years. His favorite part about being on the board is witnessing how the entire West Clermont team cares for one another and the students, which is evidenced by the many recognitions and awards staff receive each year.
Ryan was elected to the West Clermont board in 2021. He is a Deputy Sheriff with Clermont County and previously served as a School Resource Officer at West Clermont. This allowed him to proactively engage with students and staff. His goals as a board member include adopting policies that focus on the priorities of the district; developing initiatives that improve student achievement; and ensuring fiscal responsibility.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.