HOMESCHOOL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For families interested in homeschooling their child(ren), your first step is to explore and consider the state requirements to home school as outlined by Ohio Revised Code and the Ohio Department of Education.
When choosing to home school their child(ren), parents agree to:
- Provide 900 hours of instruction per year in the following, unless the topic or practice conflicts with the religious beliefs of the parent:
- Language, reading, spelling and writing;
- Geography, history of the United States and Ohio, and national, state, and local government;
- Physical education;
- Fine arts, including music; and
- First aid, safety and fire prevention.
- Notify the superintendent every year; and
- Provide an assessment of the students' work, as outlined in Ohio Revised Code.
Once you decide that you plan to home school your child, please complete and submit a Notice of Intent to Home School Form.
You can return the form in person to the district office (address below) or mail it to:
Natasha L. Adams, Superintendent
West Clermont School District
4350 Aicholtz Rd.; Suite 220
Cincinnati, OH 45245
Once we have received your notice, we will submit it to the Clermont County Educational Service Center (CCESC). They will review your notice to ensure it meets the guidelines from the State of Ohio. Once they have reviewed your notice, they will notify both you and West Clermont via a letter whether you have met the requirements to begin homeschooling. We will also withdraw your student from West Clermont at that time.
If you choose to continue homeschooling in future school years, Ohio law requires that you notify Superintendent Adams every school year. You can again use the Notice of Intent to Home School form that's provided by the Ohio Department of Education.
For more information, please visit the Home Schooling section of the Ohio Department of Education website, including a Frequently Asked Questions resource.
If you have any questions, please call Sara Jane Hutcherson in our Student Services department at 513-943-5032 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2023-24 Enrollment Information
- PowerSchool Instructions
- Homeschooling Information
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.